The life and mission of Khawaja Shaeb have been of on exceptional character as compared with any other Saint in India.His simple teaching penetrated even a stony heart, his affectionate look silenced the fiercest of his enemies. His matchless piety and blessings knew no distinction and his “Spiritual Power” amazed and defied his bitterest adversaries who came to harm him but were inspired to embrace Islam and became his devotees fort he rest of their lives. He brought the message of Universal Love and Peace. He chose the way of Non-compulsion in the true spirit of The Holy Quran, which says “Let there be no compulsion in religion, will thou compel men to become believers? No soul can believe but by the persuasion of Allah”. Khwaja Moinuddin Chishty (R.A.) follewed this dictum strictly throughout his mission. It is because of this reason that he is popularly known as ‘Gharib Nawaz’ which means the one who shows kindness to the poor.This was later reinforced by succeeding Chishti Sufis, who became religious pioneers in national integration in the country. They fulfilled the objectives of bringing together various castes, communities and races, elevating the humanity from the morass of materialistic concerns, which is the bane of mankind even today.
The teachings of Khwaja Saheb have been recorded in several boks on mysticism. The essence of his teaching are:
Closest to Allah is one who possesses the following three qualities:
- Magnanimity of the river.
- Kindness of the sun.
- Humility of the earth
Noblest of charecters is possessed by one who is:
- Bountiful in poverty
- Content in hunger.
- Cheerful in grief.
- Friendly in hostility.
Surest way to keep off the internal punishment in the hell is:
- To feed the hungry.
- To redress the agrieved.
- To help the distressed.
Sacred Sayings of Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishty (R.A.)
- Without performing “Namaz” is the climax (mairaj) in the process of such approach for pious.
- If all the rules of Namaz were not followed properly, it is struck back on the face of him who offers such a namaz.
- The heart of a lover (True lover of Allah) constantly burns with the fire of love so much so that whatever intrudes upon its sanctity is reduced to ashes.
- A.sin xommitted does not harm an individual so much as the looking down upon one’s own fellow beings.
- Of all the worship that pleases Almighty Allah, the best is the Grant of relief to the humble and the oppressed.
- Performance of charity is the key of attaining the state of philanthropy.
- One who does not perform devotion to ‘Allah’ is engaged in the career of attaining a sinful earning.
- There are four cardinal virtues of the individual self; firstly refraining from begging in the state of penury; secondly, showing the attitude of the well-fed when feeling hungry; thirdly, maintaining cheerfulness in the time of sorrow and fourthly, be friending the enemy.
- That man is a true devotee of Almighty Allah, who resigns with pleasure to the misfortune that comes from his beloved (Almighty Allah)
- The path of Love of Allah is such a path that who so ever steps into it, loses himself.
- For a follower of the path of truth it is worse than a sin to disdain or look down upon any one.
- Those who are true Lovers of Allah give away both of the worlds fort he sake of their Beloved an deven then feel that they have done nothing worthy.
- Perfection in faith is evident by three things:
- Fear (of Almighty)